List of Figures
Temporal dimensions in the landscape of Alatskivi, Kodavere parish, eastern Estonia. There is a prehistoric hillfort dating to 150 BC – 1100 AD on the southern shore of the ancient River Alatskivi, and the Medieval (from ca the 13th century onwards) estate / centre of the area is located on the northern shore. The photograph has been taken from the site of the early modern estate / manor (first mentioned in 1601). The river has been widened to design the manor park also in the 17th century, and is now a combination of two lakes.